- Do I need an account to make a purchase?
- No, it is not required to make an account to purchase from us; however, we do advise creating an account as it allows you to track all of your previous orders and allows you to create your personalized wish list to keep track of all of your favorite fragrances. Click here to create your account.
- I forgot the password to my account. What should I do?
Don't worry. Just click on the "Forgot your password?" link on the login menu, type in your email, and we will send you a link to reset your password.
- Can I make a wish list?
- Absolutely! At Scent In The City, our goal is to make fragrance shopping as easy as possible. With such a large selection, it can be hard to navigate through all of our listings when you are just window shopping. To create a wish list, all you need to do is create an account by clicking here. Once you have an account, you can go to any item on our website and click the button beneath the title that says "Add to Wishlist". To access your Wishlist click here.
- I haven't received my order. How can I track the status of my order?
- You can track your order from the Track Order page under the My Account tab. If you are having trouble using this tracker, you can use the USPS tracking website or send us a message by clicking here and we can provide you with your tracking information.
- I can't find my order confirmation email. What should I do?
- Please first check your Spam or Junk folders within your email. You can search "Scent In The City" within your email's search bar. If you are still not seeing your order confirmation email, please send us a message by clicking here. It will prompt you to provide us with your correct email address and we will then send you a new confirmation.
- Is it possible to expedite my order?
Although we offer a free First Class United States shipping service, we also allow you to purchase an expedited shipping service as you see necessary. This can be found while going through the checkout process once you have selected the items you want to purchase.
- Can I change my order speed after I placed an order?
- We typically ship our orders out within 24 hours after processing payment, however, if you have not received an order confirmation email, feel free to contact us and let us know that you'd like to upgrade to an expedited shipping service. We can then send an emailed invoice for the cost of the service, and we will process the order with the updated shipping speed once we have received the payment.
- How do I return an item(s)?
- Please click here to view our return and refund policy.
- I received the wrong item. What should I do?
- We apologize for sending out the wrong item. Contact us immediately and make sure to include your order number, the item you received, and the item you were supposed to receive. We will process a return label and send it to you which you can then use to return the wrong item. To receive a replacement, we will refund the order and ask that you place a new order for the item you were looking to receive.
- I received a defective item. What should I do?
- We apologize for any defective or damaged item you may have received. Sometimes these situations happen due to improper courier handling; however, we are aware of these situations and do our best to handle any issues in the most efficient manner possible. Please send us a message by clicking here with as much detailed information regarding the defect or damage to the product. We handle these situations case by case, and we may ask you to send pictures of the damaged item. We will do our best to provide you with a solution as quickly as we can.
- I returned an item that I purchased and I have not received my refund yet. How long do I need to wait before receiving my refund?
- Depending on the banking institution you are with, credit card refunds can take anywhere from 3 to 7 business days to appear within your account. PayPal and PayPal Credit refunds can take anywhere from 3-7 business days. Your refunded credit will appear against your original form of payment.
- Is it safe to use my credit card on your site?
- Yes! ScentInTheCity.com takes the security of our customers and their information very seriously. Our website's entire checkout system uses SSL technology ensuring an encrypted and secure checkout process.
- How do I unsubscribe from your mailing list?
- Below each email we send out is an option to unsubscribe from our mailing list. If you are having trouble finding this option, please send us a message by clicking here, and we will go ahead and remove you from our mailing list.
- How do I request for my customer data and profile to be deleted?
- Please send us a message by clicking here, and request that you would like your customer profile to be deleted. We will send a confirmation within 24 to 48 hours notifying you that all of your information has been deleted. To clarify, we do not use, sell, or trade any of our customers' data. This data is only stored within our encrypted system to make your shopping experience easier and more efficient.
General Fragrance Questions
- What is the difference between Eau De Toilette (EDT) and Eau De Parfum (EDP)?
- "Eau De Toilette" is the lighter of the two with less perfume oil concentration. Typically, EDT has between 5-15% of the essential perfume oil and will last around 4-7 hours.
- "Eau De Parfum" is the stronger of the two with a higher perfume oil concentration. Typically, EDP has between 10-20% of the essential perfume oil and can last 8+ hours.
- There is also "Pure Parfum" which has the highest perfume oil concentration and "Eau De Cologne" which has the lowest perfume oil concentration.
- What is the difference between splash and spray?
There is no difference in the fragrance itself. Simply put, the only difference between splash and spray is the method of application; however, a spray bottle, being that it's always sealed, may have a longer shelf life.
- What is a Tester?
- A tester bottle would be the perfect bottle for you if you care just for the scent and not for the packaging. It will always be a more discounted fragrance than the regular version of it. A tester is exactly the same as the real perfume; the only difference is that a tester comes in a plain box as opposed to the usual box you would see on a shelf. These are most often sold to retail stores so that they can display the fragrance for their customers to try without needing to spend the full price for the regular box.
- How can I keep my fragrance from going bad?
You should always keep your fragrances in a cool and dry place, away from windows as the light from the sun can unbalance the ingredients within the fragrance. It's also recommended to keep an opened bottle within its box to ensure longer shelf life.
- How many sprays can I get out of a bottle?
This entirely depends on the size of the bottle, however, the general idea is that you can get somewhere between 8-12 sprays per 1 Milliliter (ml) depending on the atomizer and its output. So if we are using the high-end of 12 sprays per 1 ml on a typical 3.4oz (100ml) bottle, you could get roughly 1,200 sprays per bottle.
- What are fragrance notes?
- In perfumery; or the action of producing perfumes, fragrance notes are basically a form of descriptors of scents that can be sensed upon the application of perfume or cologne. There are three (3) different classes of notes: Top/Head Notes, Middle/Heart Notes, and Base Notes. These classes can denote groups of scents that can be sensed with respect to the time after the initial application of the perfume or cologne.
- What is the best way for me to apply my perfume to ensure it lasts long?
- Scent In The City recommends the following spray and splash techniques:
- 1 spray or splash behind each ear
- 1 spray or splash on the back of the neck, directly in the center
- 1 spray or splash on each side of the collar bone
- 1 spray or splash on the wrist and rub both wrists together
These recommendations are best achieved after a shower, once your pores have opened up. You should also spray your fragrance from about 3 to 6 inches away from your skin.